Starting well together
Starting well together ensures our youngest children have the very best early years experiences in every school and setting in our Trust family. Play is essential for children’s development, building confidence as they learn to explore, relate to others, set their own goals and solve problems.
Practitioners stimulate children’s interests, responding to each child’s emerging needs, and guide their development through warm, positive interactions coupled with secure routines for play and learning.
Click on the downloadable poster, right.
Bath and Wells Multi Academy Trust hosted a special Early Years Teachmeet event on 1st December 2021. Click here to find out more or use the link on the right.
Starting well non-negotiables
- Staff who are passionate about working with the youngest children;
- High-quality training and professional development, building expertise in early childhood development to keep moving forward and remaining outward looking;
- Skilled adults within the setting who know the child and family well;
- Inclusive practice, recognising each child is unique and responding to each child’s needs;
- Strong relationships with parents, carers and external partners, working together to support every child’s learning journey;
- Accurate assessment approaches that identify where a child needs extra help and support;
High quality, enabling learning environments for children to build independence, take risks and problem solve;
- Time and freedom for adults to be in the moment with children with warm, positive interactions and meaningful conversations and play;
- A progressive, play-based curriculum with intentional learning at every opportunity, being clear about why we are doing what we are doing;
- Oracy and language embedded from the start.